Best Texas Instruments Calculator | WSYR
Which Texas Instruments calculator is the best?
Even if our teachers were wrong, that we’d actually have a calculator on us at all times to check that two plus two equals four, there’s still the problem of complex math that requires special features that our phones don’t have. In these situations, you need a dedicated calculator, and it’s hard to find a better brand than Texas Instruments.
The best calculator from Texas Instruments is the Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator. It has everything students need up to college level.
What to know before buying a Texas Instruments calculator
Types of Texas Instruments calculators
Texas Instruments manufactures four types of calculators.
- Basic calculators usually can’t handle anything more complex than addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. These are for people who don’t have a smartphone or who find themselves in a situation where phones aren’t allowed, such as an elementary level test.
- Scientific calculators are an upgrade from basic calculators. They can handle complex math problems that a high school student may have to solve. They are also useful for those who code.
- Chart calculators are a step further, introducing the ability to create and display graphs. Students and jobs that require solving the most complex math problems should buy one.
- Financial calculators take a scientific calculator and add functions needed by those working in business and finance. If your job is all about money, this is the calculator you need.
Texas Instruments Calculators operate on one of three power types.
- Replaceable batteries are the most reliable, but they are also the most expensive. Also, the calculators that use them tend to stop working when the batteries are low rather than when they are completely depleted.
- Rechargeable batteries are more environmentally conscious, but they also have the shortest lifespans both in terms of hours of use at full load and in terms of degrading over time.
- solar cells are the best. They use solar cells that convert light – natural or artificial – into the energy necessary for their operation. As long as you have light, you have power.
What to Look for in a Quality Texas Instruments Calculator
The displays of a Texas Instruments calculator have several aspects to consider.
- Lines refer to how many rows of your equation you can see at once. The basic models have one line, the best models have two and the best have four.
- Cut is closely related to the number of rows in the calculator, with more rows meaning larger screens. The largest screens measure around 3.5 inches diagonally.
- Color is available on most advanced graphing calculators, but most are in black and white.
- Backlight is available on top calculators so you can see clearly in all conditions.
Many standardized tests require the use of a calculator, but these tests are also restrictive in what calculators are allowed. Many Texas Instruments calculators are compatible with most standardized tests; in fact, most calculator packaging even lists the tests they are compatible with.
If you are unsure if yours is compatible with your next test, check with the test organizer.
How Much You Can Expect to Spend on a Texas Instruments Calculator
They can cost as little as $5 or as much as $200. Basic and scientific calculators usually cost no more than $20. Financial calculators usually cost between $30 and $60. Graphing calculators typically cost between $75 and $175+.
Texas Instruments Calculator FAQ
Does Texas Instruments offer a warranty?
A. Yes. Most of its calculators have a one-year limited warranty that covers the usual glut of manufacturing defects such as faulty batteries and faulty buttons or screens. There is usually no option to purchase a more comprehensive warranty, although a retailer may offer a specific one.
Can you order Texas Instruments calculators in bulk?
A. Yes. Many of its calculators come in “teacher sets” that include up to 10 calculators and any accessories those calculators may need. These are usually not reduced much, if at all.
What is the best Texas Instruments calculator to buy?
Best Texas Instruments Calculator
What do you want to know: This model has long been a favorite of students and schools around the world.
What you will love: The display is in color with a screen size of 320 x 240 pixels. Its battery is rechargeable. A USB cable to charge and update its operating system is included. It is available in 11 colors and can be purchased individually or in a pack of 10 for teachers.
What you should consider: There is no backspace button; wrong key and you have to delete and retype your whole equation. A few consumers thought the battery life was too short.
Best Texas Instruments Calculator for the Money
What do you want to know: This calculator is perfect for calculating business related numbers.
What you will love: He splits his function in two. Standard mode handles the basic calculations you might use your phone for. Spreadsheet mode handles business-related calculations such as cash flow analyses. It can handle up to two statistical variables and has four regression options.
What you should consider: It may not register a button press if you press too lightly and there is no tactile feedback that you have successfully pressed a button.
Worth checking out
What do you want to know: It is the most powerful and complete calculator from Texas Instruments.
What you will love: It has a 320 x 240 pixel color screen. There are six chart styles and 15 colors to choose from for clarity. It comes with student-oriented software that can be used on Mac or PC. The battery can last up to two weeks on a full charge.
What you should consider: It is the most expensive calculator from Texas Instruments. Some buyers found the buttons too small and loud to use comfortably.
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check Daily deals from BestReviews.
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Jordan Woika written for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.