Enjoy the best in art, shopping and music today at Meet Me on Main in Carmel – Hamilton County Reporter
Come to the Carmel Arts & Design District from 5-9pm on Saturday August 13 for Allied Solutions’ Meet me on Main. Head to Main Street and Range Line Road for an evening of art, shopping, music and more.
Meet me on Main is the City of Carmel’s monthly “Second Saturday” event to highlight local galleries, restaurants and design-related businesses in the district. Art galleries and businesses will host specially planned special events to enhance the neighborhood’s art and design features.
Special Community Activity
Nancy Keating of Mosaic Gardens and Carmel Art on Main Gallery and Gifts will host a Community Mosaic Chip-in in the plaza at Main Street and Monon Greenway. You can start “participating” at 4 p.m.
Sophia Square Mural
Join Carmel town officials and community members at 5 p.m. to celebrate the unveiling of a mural in the Sophia Square breezeway next to Monterey Coastal Cuisine and Pad Thai restaurants, 110 W. Main St. , #140. Enjoy light refreshments after the ceremony in the courtyard of Sophia Square.
* * *
Visit art galleries and businesses to take advantage of their special offers, as well as special activities in the Arts and Design District:
- Live music posted along the sidewalk throughout the neighborhood: Rosie Inman, on the patio in front of the Kuaba Gallery (404 Main Street West.), Mina Koehane, next to the Carmel Chocolate Café (45 Main Street West.); Classical Music Indy, ahead of Indiana Artisan (22 N. Range Line Road)
- Craft and take free crafting items in the covered walkway next to Vitality Bowls (110 Main Street West, Suite 115)
- Free cartoons in front of Circle Real Estate (30 W Main St.)
- Carmel Fire Department Community Exhibit next to Vitality Bowls (110 Main Street West, Suite 115)
- Featured new artists and special events at various art galleries along Main Street and Range Line Road
* * *
You’ll have the chance to enter to win one of three $100 gift cards by visiting participating merchants and dropping your name and contact information into a special drawing that will take place the following week. Gift cards are from select businesses in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Be sure to visit as many galleries and shops as possible to increase your chances of winning.
Visit the following galleries and businesses for a chance to win one of three $100 gift cards:
- Soori Gallery, 33 E. Main St.
- Magdalena Art Gallery, 27 E. Main St. #100
- Indiana Artisan Gifts & Gallery, 22 N. Range Line Road
- The Oil Mill, 10 S. Range Line Road
- Carmel Arts Council – The Children’s Art Gallery, 40 W. Main St.
- All Things Carmel, 110 W. Main St. #104
- Art on Main Gallery and Gifts, 111 W. Main St. #140
- CCA Gallery & Gifts, 111 W. Main St. #135
- Kuaba Gallery, 404 W. Main St.
Art on the main gallery and freebies
Art on Main Gallery & Gifts, 111 W. Main St., Suite 140. August’s featured exhibition is “Abstracting Our World”, the annual mother/daughter exhibition of painters Deb Slack and Barb Gregory. This exhibition features colorful and meaningful abstract paintings and landscape work. A portion of their sales goes to support Northside Food Pantry. In addition to the featured exhibit, Art on Main features new art and gallery giveaways from their 20 artists.
CCA Gallery & Gifts
CCA Gallery, 111 W. Main St., Suite 135. Artists featured in August at the CCA Gallery include photography by Kenneth Keifer and beautiful ceramic works by Judy Le Mere. Meet the artists at the reception from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Find out what inspires them and enjoy refreshments.
Indiana Craftsman, 22 N. Range Line Road. Meet Jon Vance and learn about his one-of-a-kind photography technique this month. It neatly cuts around each intricate element on multiple copies of the same photo, then overlaps the cuts separated by gaps to create an eye-catching 3D effect. Jon will be at the gallery from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Kuaba Gallery, 404 W. Main St., presents “Wayfinding”. You are invited to view the art of Phyllis Boyd and hear the artist talk about her works. Enjoy an aperitif and music from 5 p.m. Boyd will speak at 6:15 p.m. at the gallery.
* * *
- All things Carmel, 110 Main Street West, #104. This month, the store will feature the latest Carmel back-to-school items and apparel for students. There will also be samples from local Peace Water and Sugar Creek wineries as part of the Carmel Brews & Barrels Trail.
- The oil mill, 10 S. Range Line Road. Enter to win a $50 Olive Mill gift certificate in addition to the town draw.
- Xchocol’Art, 228 Main Street West. Here is your chance to be a chef chocolatier at the Make Your Own Bar workshop. Pour in beautiful dark chocolate and add your favorite ingredients – dried fruits, nuts, cookies and even flowers. You’ll take home three bars to share with friends and family. While your bars are drying, the Xchocol’Art team will talk to you about all things chocolate. There will also be great teacher/student gifts for the start of the school year as well as free samples.
* * *
A map of gallery locations and more information about Meet Me on Main is available at CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available on the grounds of the Carmel Lions Club (141 E. Main St.), in the parking garage at Sophia Square (entrance from 1st Ave. NW), in the parking garage at the Indiana Design Center (200 S. Range Line Road) or across the street. Click here to download the Arts & Design District parking map.
About the Carmel Arts & Design District
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the premier arts and design destination in the Midwest. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, design showrooms, boutiques and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is located in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Additionally, hundreds of people have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and made the Carmel Arts & Design District their home.