Post-Production Manager – Pedestrian Jobs
Job Description ┃Post Production Manager (Technical Finisher)
Part-time hybrid: 3-4 days a week.
This role will be a local x remote hybrid with our office in Brunswick East, Melbourne.
We prefer to have someone based in Melbourne to help with computer and server management, however, our industry-leading server ecosystem allows us all to work remotely, so cross-state unicorns will be catered for.
About the love iris
EI is a company that specializes in communicating with millennial and Gen Z customers; by fusing the art of filmmaking and the science of marketing, we are inspired to create must-have content to help audiences remember brands. People describe us as bold, provocative, playful, real and our content as adventurous, rebellious, creative and innovative.
Control Nothing stops you from giving the best of yourself.
Only take your job seriously, never yourself.
Discovery Always be open to exploration and never be bound by convention.
Collaboration Remember that teamwork makes the dream work.
Imagination Think big, scale back later.
Type of people who work here:
Passionate, driven, self-driven, unique, forward-looking and self-aware.
United by a love of film and advertising, our team is highly collaborative and inspired to create cinematic video marketing campaigns that take advantage of modern advertising tactics.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are a finisher, you see the missing pieces of a project and can take control to deliver at an excellent level. You have an eye for detail and are technically at more than 50%.
This role will play an imperative role in maintaining Enamored Iris’ high-quality production credentials in the travel, music and lifestyle industries, and ensure the right production resources are in place to achieve goals. quality commercial and creative results for clients.
If you apply, you’re not only a good editor, you’re a great editor. You are also passionate about sound, images and storytelling. When we say passionate, we’re not saying you really like balancing these three elements, we’re talking about “passion TOC”, which sends shivers down your spine when an assistant editor doesn’t crossfade your sfx clips, and leave the audio clip in the red zone.
You are the type of person who wants to learn about new technologies and likes to experiment with videos to make them unique.
Your saved Instagram posts have a healthy pool of up-and-coming artists, inspiring content that you’re ready to share with the team.
Additionally, you have a general interest in the art of special effects and motion graphics. You have the basic knowledge of various post-production software to collaborate with 3D and animation designers.
If you have studied an instrument in your lifetime, please highlight it in your application, as understanding music really puts you ahead of the curve.
Your personal characteristics
Passion for traditional cinematic techniques, excellent attention to detail and process oriented, very practical, clear communicator, excellent organizational skills, team spirit and logic.
The Post-Production Manager will be a master of technical finishing, responsible for the day-to-day and overall strategic development of the post-production department.
This role will be both managerial and creative, you’ll help the producers prepare your team for the weeks ahead and you’ll be there, boots on the ground, to ensure the final product is finished to an impeccable standard.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the department stays on budget and on schedule while maintaining the highest technical and creative standards. This role leads, supports and coordinates the publishing team and ensures that technical operations and workflows are well maintained. The Post Production Manager will work closely with the General Manager to implement new technologies across the department as needed.
Daily life (responsibilities and duties)
- Experiment with new ideas and organize the EI video style
- Oversees the daily production/design workflow with the production team
- Ensures deadlines are met, keeping internal stakeholders informed of work progress
- Assists in scheduling freelance writers, ensuring the roster meets company deadlines.
- Oversees the delivery of all assets on various platforms, meeting all technical requirements, from external and internal parties
- Experience working with digital design and video to tell stories
- Experience in project management, costing and reporting
- Skills in post-production and modern editing.
- Expert confidence with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Premiere Pro, AE and Photoshop)
- Graphic animation skills (understanding of models to bring in new ideas)
- Understanding of digital graphic design principles
- Premiere Color Grading and DaVinci Bonus Workflow Experience
- Sound Design and Audio Mixing Wizard (Audio is as important as visuals)
- Optimize production workflows where needed
- Data Management: Manage and back up data in great detail using our 200TB server and redundancy process
- Update data inventory, maintain hard drive and cloud storage
- Time management and communication skills: managing time effectively and juggling multiple priorities, as well as creating productive working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Maintain video and photo libraries: Ingest, trim, and upload video and photo content for media libraries.
- Occasionally work alongside sales to provide post-budget estimates
- Engage in continued personal growth in advertising knowledge and filmmaking
- Provide production research to assist with presentations and concept creation
- Organize training and onboarding workflow for all new employees in the post-production department
- Maintain workplace standards and practices
- Education Level: Undergraduate degree in film, communications or media production.
- Experience: 4+ years in a post-production, freelance or similar role with a production company or in-house media department.