Travis Scott sued by family of 14-year-old Astroworld victim

The family of a 14-year-old who was killed at Travis Scott’s murderous Astroworld concert earlier this month is suing the rapper and others for $ 1 million, according to a report.

Grade one high school student John Hilgert was the second youngest of 10 victims to die after chaos erupted causing a crush on the opening night of the music festival in Houston, Texas on November 5.

The teenager’s parents, Chris and Nichole Hilgert, filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Scott, the organizer of the Live Nation Worldwide event and others for “gross negligence” and “reckless disregard” for Hilgert’s safety, resulting in his death, according to a People report.

“The pain of our loss on behalf of our son John who did not come home alive after an event like this is intolerable,” the father said in a statement, according to the outlet. “He was a handsome young man who just wanted to enjoy his first gig with friends, who he loved spending time with more than anything else.”

Parents say their goal is to make sure that things change and that new safety measures are put in place so that a tragic event like this does not happen again.

John Hilgert’s parents said their son was a “handsome young man” and there was “no excuse” for what had happened.
Family document

“This pain should never be felt by someone in relation to a loved one attending a live concert,” Chris said.

“There is no excuse for the poor design of the crowd, the execution of the event and the lack of response that was exerted at this festival which resulted in the tragic deaths of our son and nine other people. as well as dozens of other people who were innocently injured, ”the father said. continued.

The defendants “failed in their duty to protect the health, safety and lives of those present at the concert,” alleges the lawsuit – which identifies Hilgert by his initials, JWH – according to the outlet.

John Hilgert was the second youngest of the victims to die at Astroworld.
John Hilgert (center) was the second youngest of the victims to die at Astroworld.
Jennifer Lake / Sipa United States
10 people have died as a result of the Houston, Texas Music Festival tragedy.
10 people have died as a result of the Houston, Texas Music Festival tragedy.
Jamaal Ellis / Houston Chronicle via AP

Specifically, the lawsuit seeks to hold them accountable for “failure to provide adequate security personnel to implement crowd control measures, appropriate barricades, and failure to provide a sufficient amount of emergency medical support.” Says the file, according to the report.

A similar lawsuit was also filed by Adam and Jennifer Cox, parents of Hilgert’s friend who was injured at the concert and who was identified in court documents as being from British Columbia, People reported.

Richard Mithoff, an attorney for both families, said “No one should die going to a concert,” the outlet reported.

Travis Scott
Travis Scott faces several lawsuits following the fatal concert.
Amy Harris / Invision / AP

“We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal issues when the time is right.” Live Nation said in a statement. statement to the Post.

The new cases follow a slew of other lawsuits that Scott and others fell victim to in the wake of the unfortunate event.

Last week, 282 concert victims filed a $ 2 billion lawsuit against Scott, Drake, Live Nation, Apple Music and NRG Stadium – where the event took place – claiming they were “cutting corners, costs and put participants at risk, “according to lawyer Thomas Henry.

Another 125 victims – including the family of Axel Acosta Avila, 21, who died in the incident – have filed a $ 750 million lawsuit for loss of mental and physical health and loss of life.

Earlier this week, two concert security guards – Jackson Bush and his uncle Samuel Bush – filed a million dollar lawsuit claiming the artist and the organizers put “greed” ahead of safety.

Thomas Henry, a lawyer representing the victims of the Astroworld concerts, alleged that the organizers "cut corners, cut costs and put participants at risk."
Thomas Henry, a lawyer representing the victims of the Astroworld concerts, alleged that the organizers “cut corners, cut costs and put attendees at risk.”
Jennifer Lake / Sipa United States

Travis’ attorney did not immediately return a request for comment.

Travis and his attorneys have previously said the performer was unaware that people were being crushed, saying he would have stopped the concert if he had known.


Source link

Comments are closed.